Letter from International Alumnus
작성자 최고관리자

Hanseo University Will Stay in My Heart Forever!
Kong Dewei, Associate Professor, Dept. of Digital Media & Animation, Hubei Univ., China

My name is Kong Dewei, a Chinese alumnus who graduated from Hanseo U n i v e r s i t y i n 2 0 1 6 with bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees at the Department of Motion Pictures & Graphics. With the love and encouragement of the Hanseo family, it has now been five years since I returned home from living in Korea for ten years. I am currently working as an associate professor in the Department of Animation at Hubei University, Hubei Province. The specialty knowledge and degree I acquired at Hanseo University have made me who I am today, and I am working steadily while keeping in mind the lessons of Hanseo University of creativity, confidence, and contribution.

It was 2008 when I came to Korea, and prior to that, I had studied animation at a junior college in Hubei Province. At the time, under the influence of my acquaintances, I was thinking of starting a restaurant after graduation. So, I met many people and worked part-time at a restaurant, gaining experience as a restaurateur. One day, while I was working to make my dream come true, my academic advisor asked to see me. The professor showed me the Hanseo University brochure and said, "Dewei. You seem to have a knack for animation. Why don't you make a transfer to Hanseo University in Korea and study more?" For a moment, I was at a loss, but I was grateful for the professor's suggestion. After returning home, I told my parents about this. Then my parents said, “You can start your own business later, but you can't study any time you want. You have to take the opportunity." They also said that they would gladly support my study.

That was how I flew to Korea on August 31, 2008. Like everyone else, life in a foreign country was very difficult in the beginning. Everything including the language, the food, and the like was so different from the way I had been accustomed to. Even though Korea is a neighboring country, it felt so awkward and there were so many days when I didn't even go out and filled up my empty stomach with instant noodles alone. Then, as I made new Korean friends, I gradually discovered the fun of college life. Even with the professors I was afraid of at first, I felt friendly through the interviews, and my life in Korea got more interesting. The two years until graduation passed in the blink of an eye for me, after transferring to my third year, and I was seriously thinking about advancing to graduate school. At that time, thanks to the helpful advice of Prof. Jang Dong-ryeol, I decided to go to graduate school boldly, and finally completed my bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in the Department of Motion Pictures & Graphics at Hanseo University.

While studying at Hanseo University, I worked for a long time as a teaching assistant in the department. In addition, I worked as an interpreter for Greater China at the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation, and made an effort to attract high-caliber international students by visiting various cities in countries such as China and Malaysia. All these experiences at Hanseo University have become a valuable asset for me to live and work. My personality, which had been an incorrigible introvert, has also transformed into an extrovert, and I have grown to the point where I can confidently present myself in front of a large number of people. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Prof. Jang for setting the right direction for me with valuable advice.

I would also like to say thank you to the classmates who shared friendships while studying with the faculty members of the department. Director Kim Jin-woo of the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation, and all faculty and staff members, please stay healthy and happy all the time. Above all, I would like to tell President Dr. Ham Ki-sun, who established and nurtured Hanseo University where I can grow so far, that even though my body has left the university, my alma mater, it will remain in my heart forever.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.